Quick Axdroid Update
Jun 27, 2010
So, another days work led to this: axdroid_20100626.zip. The keyguard is now disabled so won’t cause problems, the SD card is now accessible (eg. to the Music app) and I did a few things I think may have possibly sped it up slightly (including this being a user rather than eng build). I also reduced the size of the included swap file to 128MiB (from 256MiB). It will still take a fairly long time on the first boot whilst it creates the root filesystem image, so bear that in mind.
Axim Android (aka Axdroid) 2.2/Froyo First Test Image
Jun 26, 2010
So if you want to try this for yourself, here’s how:
Download axdroid_20100625.zip Unpack the files from there into the root of an SD card Enable mirror mode on your Axim Open file explorer on your Axim, navigate to the SD card and run haret Click run Wait - for quite a long time I will reiterate that it runs pretty slowly, and that is especially true on the initial boot since the way I’ve set it up means that it creates a root filesystem image on the SD card the first time it’s run (BTW, make sure the SD card has 200MiB free for that).
Google stole the past 2 days of my life
Jun 25, 2010
Axim X51v running Android 2.2 Froyo :)
It’s pretty slow, but it works! Minus sound, WiFi, suspend (and probably other stuff I’ve forgotten) that is.
Scope control update
Apr 20, 2010
Interrupts on the mbed didn’t go so well - it’s easy enough to get them to run a function, but some timing issues arose and I gave up on that for now. Instead I’m relying on the fact that the Autostar continuously polls for data using the same sequence of bytes - 0x02 0x11 0x02 (which correspond to length 0x02, address 0x11 aka #506 cable and command number 0x02). So, whenever I need to speak to the Autostar I can regain sync by reading data from the Autostar until the last 24 bits read form the value 0x021102 - at which point I’m back in sync and ready to go :) It’s a bit of a hack, but it works and is good enough for me.
Apr 15, 2010
Following up on the mbed scope-controlling idea:
I just got this to work after many hours of coffee fueled hacking :) The mbed can now speak the Autostars kinda-i2c-but-kinda-not language, and in the pic there has asked the Autostar to report the scopes product name and firmware date.
Next I need to look into how interrupts work on the mbed, as currently as soon as the mbed leaves the scope alone to do anything else (such as writing to the LCD) it will lose sync with the clock signal the Autostar outputs and communicating won’t work anymore.